With the winter season upon us, it’s more apparent than ever that your HVAC system is not functioning as it should. At first, it may
The apprenticeship program at Polar Bear Air Conditioning is what you make it! We need top notch technicians, professional salespersons and effective managers to continue providing the best service on island. So if you consistently take the initiative to go the extra mile in your work and training then there’s no limit to the opportunities available.
Our program consists of on the job training, online educational courses, overseas certification courses and regular peer and manager evaluations. Raises are dependent on periodic scoring of Skills, Attitude & Knowledge by senior technicians, level of training achieved, uniform checks and evaluations.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicant must take and pass aptitude examination and an oral interview.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Must be prepared to attend related training classes including on-Island college classes, online courses and overseas courses (for total of 90 days).
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Should be able to present verification to potential employers of legal right to work in the Cayman Islands.
- Pass full criminal background check
You are probably well aware that Cayman is hot all year round. Well, this means business is booming all the time. A career in the Air Conditioning industry provides a high level of job security even during hard economic times. There is a high and growing demand for experts in this field around the world with an average salary around $40,000.
Also, if your dream is to travel at some point, being a proven expert in this trade can take you almost anywhere in the world and you’ll be compensated just as well. EXCITING!! Just give us your first 4-6 years and later when you get tired of traveling join us for another 10 years.
What Is An Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technician?
An Air Conditioning technician has the vital responsibility to keep homes and businesses cool and to ensure that the people inside are breathing clean and healthy air. Achieving this includes proper installation of air conditioning systems, regular preventive maintenances and system repairs.
- A dynamic, empowering and family-like culture
- Yearly tools allowances so that you can buy and own your own tools
- Paid salary while training both in Cayman and abroad
- Opportunity to be sent on a $30,000+ paid training trip
- All other benefits according to the Labour Law
After successfully completing the Polar Bear Apprenticeship Program you will be titled a Lead Air Conditioning Technician. With experience and good performance you will continue to receive raises that could reach a $60,000 salary (not including commission). Also, there are career progression opportunities beyond a Lead Technician. These include Field/Office Supervisor, Project Manager, Sales Manager, Service Coordinator, Service Manager, etc. Managerial positions such as these usually earn between $80,000 to $120,000.