With the winter season upon us, it’s more apparent than ever that your HVAC system is not functioning as it should. At first, it may
Polar Bear Air Conditioning is always in the market for outstanding employees. We are a cutting edge company and usually the first to introduce new technology to the Cayman Islands. We were first in high efficiency, indoor air quality, flat rate pricing and now solar air conditioning. We are looking for special people with extraordinary skills who not only have great troubleshooting and installation skills but know how to pamper the customer and recognize the opportunity to serve the customer by upgrading their efficiency and adding on bells and whistles that the customer will benefit from. Indoor Air Quality products, dehumidifiers, programmable thermostats, etc. We are located in the beautiful Cayman Islands and offer great pay with great benefits to qualifying applicants. Our positions are full-time and long term. The Cayman Islands have no income tax so what you earn is what you keep! If this position appeals to you and you qualify, send your resume to us and who knows, maybe you will be living and be working on one of the most beautiful islands in the world!
Polar Bear Air Conditioning is looking for that rare installer who can not only do his installation without supervision but supervise others when needed. We are looking for the installer who recognizes situations to wow the customer and does it. We want our customers calling in later and raving about him and asking for him. We want an individual who leaves his work site cleaner than when he found it, who recognizes opportunities to add needed upgrades for the customer’s system.
The HVAC installation technician is responsible for accurately installing HVAC equipment in residential and/or commercial structures. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of HVAC equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures. We mainly install fiberglass and flexible ducting systems.
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Install new duct systems in remodeled rooms or buildings.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area. Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Installation of Indoor Air Quality products such as UV lights, central dehumidifiers, and whole house filtration systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport for customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to recognize and recommend upgrades to efficiency, thermostats, filters and UV lighting systems to customers.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Understanding that we leave our job sites as clean if not cleaner than we found it.
- 5 Years of HVAC field experience.
- EPA Certified.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a certified HVAC installation training program and apprenticeship.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- Clean police record.
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Benefit.
Polar Bear Air Conditioning provides relocation assistance for this position. They also provide health insurance, retirement plan, vacation, uniform, 10-12 paid holidays per year and training. Compensation is based on experience.
The Cayman Islands have direct flights to many North American cities and more exciting to Cuba, Jamaica, Panamá, Honduras and more offering easy travel to other islands and Central and South America.